Victor Buckton founded the Buckton Garage in Paengaroa in 1950. Blending pragmatic engineering with a creative outlook this Country Garage became locally renowned for recycling trucks and converting them into solid farm machinery that got the hard work done.
When Victor's sons, Eric and Morris Buckton entered the business in the 1960's - they took things up a notch or two. Striking up a dynamic partnership the brothers built on their father's legacy, establishing a reputation for engineering farm machinery that was "as light as possible, yet as strong as possible".
As Kiwifruit orchardists and farmers in their own right, the Buckton Brothers understood the functionality and toughness that farmers demanded from their own equipment. Drawing on these first-hand insights and working with local farmers the Buckton brothers forged a reputation for hard working engineering.
From local beginnings, word began to spread around signature Buckton products - Mulching Mower, Silage Wagons and Tip Trailers. Orders arrived from around the country, then from across the seas including Australia, Chile, USA and South Africa.
63 years on from these humble beginnings, at Buckton we continue to build hard-working farm equipment that our customers can rely on to get the job done.
"Our aim was to make machinery as light as possible, yet as strong as possible".
7 Main North Road
+64 7 533 1259