We want to ensure your wagon never lets you down. So Al, our Buckton service technician, has put together these six maintenance tips to help you keep your machine in tip-top shape.
Remember if you’re working on or inside your wagon, ensure the hydraulics are disengaged from the tractor.
- Clear old feed build-up away from shafts and grease points. Grease nipples can be found as follows:
- When you’re greasing, ensure the grease has gone into the moving parts - not just around the grease nipples.
- Check the floor chain adjustment and adjust if necessary, so the chain has about 100mm clearance from the centre of the internal floor.
- Elevator chains will need to be checked. There should be 40/50mm slack in the centre of the elevator.
- Make sure all adjuster lock nuts are tight after adjustments have been made.
- Always visually inspect mounting bolts and brackets when carrying out maintenance.
For a wagon service, please call your local dealer. For technical service support call Alan Curreen on 027 284 8459.